Fact is, we have a lot of fears.
And, if you stop to think about it, most of our fears are pretty irrational.
And they all stand between who we are and who we should be.
Consider for a moment who you would be and what you would create if you were not bound by your fears.
- Find someplace quiet, where you will not be interrupted or distracted by all the things you think you need to do.
- Imagine you've just discovered the actual day that you will pass into eternity. The day that you will no longer be able to do anything. The day on which your plans become history.
- Choose X number of days. Weeks. Months. Years. Unlike real life, for the purposes of this exercise, the choice is yours.
- With your expiration date in mind, write down:
- The people with whom you would like to reconcile--the relationships you would like to repair
- The skills you would like to develop
- The things you would like to build--the art you would like to create
- The places you would like to visit
- The adventures you would like to take
- The fears you would like to tackle
- The mark you would like to leave on this world
- The memories you would like to leave for your loved ones
- The projects you would like to complete
- Now consider the irrational fears that have prevented you from accomplishing these things
- Are they real or imagined?
- Are they probably, possible, or unlikely?
- Cast those fears aside--you know they're irrational, right?
- Step outside your self-imposed, fear-based boundaries and start living
Be who you were meant to be.
Only YOU can be you.
Please share your thoughts and fear-busting victories with the tribe below.